Updated as of March 15, 2012
- Non-Account Activity. You can access sound recordings, audiovisual recordings and all other digital content (“Content”) on TriFame™ without having a TriFame™ Account. You can also contact us about Content without having a TriFame™ Account.
- Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities on TriFame—like uploading Content, posting comments, flagging inappropriate Content, or accessing restricted Content — require you to have a TriFame™ Account. We ask for some personal information when you create a TriFame™ Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. A TriFame™ Account allows you to access many of our services that require registration.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use TriFame™, the Content categories you access, the contacts you communicate with, the Content you view and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in TriFame™ (including UI elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "Web Beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users (the “Users”) to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or Content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your playback or profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your election to upload Content constitutes your warranty and representation that you own or control such Content, and that you have consented to allow Users to use such material within the TriFame™ community.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the TriFame™ Sites, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the TriFame™ Sites, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload Content or send messages through the TriFame™ Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any Content that you submit to the TriFame™ Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major TriFame™ Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the TriFame™ Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing User preferences and trends, as well as User activity and communications.
Information That is Publicly Available
- When you create an account on the site, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other Users of the site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged into your account, your age (if you choose to make it public), the country and the amount of Content you have accessed.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you engage in certain activity on the site, such as you upload Content or send messages through the TriFame™ Sites. Other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
- You may also choose to add personal information that will visible to other Users on your profile page (which is the public page corresponding to your account on the site). This may include a profile picture, you name, gender, relationship status, or other details.
- If you choose to add certain features to your channel page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other Users and may be aggregated and shared with other Users. Such shared activity may include the Content you have evaluated and rated, and what Content you have uploaded.
- Any videos that you submit to the TriFame™ Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the TriFame™ Sites, in which case you can still view Content and explore the TriFame™ Sites, but TriFame™ may not be able to provide certain services to you. Some advanced TriFame™ features may, for authentication purposes, require you to sign up for other TriFame™ services. The privacy notices of those services govern the use of your personal information associated with them.
- You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
TriFame™ does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks TriFame™ to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the TriFame™ Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Currently, TriFame™ has relationships with the following third-party ad servers or ad networks:
TriFame™ adheres to the US Safe Harbor privacy principles. For more information about the Safe Harbor framework or our registration, see the Department of Commerce's web site.
For questions concerning the product or your account, please check out the TriFame™ FAQ page.
488 University Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94301